Mr. BlahZeeBlah's BlahZeeBlah

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Don't Let the Man Get You Down

I was at work the other day doing my kitchen designerly things that I do when a rather interesting thought occurred to me. The whole time that I have been designing and selling kitchens I have not sold a single one to an African-American or an Asian-American or any other person that is part of a minority group. I haven't even done a counter top quote or bath consult. What the hell? Is it that these people wouldn't like to have a new kitchen or could it be that they would rather spend their money on other luxury items?
If I had to guess I would say that the man is keeping these people down. They're probably more concerned with being able to pay rent than having brand new natural hickory cabinets and Brazilian Brown Silestone counter tops. This is a clear situation of haves and have-nots.
So here is what I'm going to do. If anyone that reads this blog is a member of a minority (not likely since all two of you are pure white bread) please come see me and I will try like Hell and work the system to get you the absolute best deal that I can. Am I doing this because I'm a nice guy? No. I do it because I feel guilty and lately I feel like The Catcher in the Rye.

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 01, 09:32:00 AM, Blogger BoomBoom said...

I prefer to call myself a hearty marble rye!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home