Mr. BlahZeeBlah's BlahZeeBlah

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

Monday, April 17, 2006

More is Never Enough

I'm the king of guy that believes in a fair deal. I believe that a person should be compensated (we're not talking only pay) according to their value to an organization. I'm knee deep in negotiations with my current employer about my value to their business and it's taking an act of Congress to get anything resolved but that story is reserved for the Money Talks, Bullshit Walks narrative.
So I came across this story today, Ex-Exxon CEO's Massive Pension Draws Fire. I know we have all heard about how CEO pay is up 1200% in the last 10 years compared to how real wages for the majority of Americans is around -15% but this is a kick in the teeth. I'm fighting my employer for a living wage (which still wouldn't allow me to buy into their health care plan) and this guy doesn't even work for the company any longer and is drawing more than I'll see in a lifetime seven times over.
I don't expect to be a wealthy person. I just would like to be able to make a living, own a modest home, and provide for my family.

12 Comments:

At Mon Apr 17, 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Hallelujah Brother! And just because I believe in the a living wage doesn’t make me a pinko commie.

Wikipedia includes this in it's definition “In Australia, the 1908 Harvester Judgment ruled that an employer was obliged to pay his employees a wage that guaranteed them a standard of living which was reasonable for "a human being in a civilized community.”

Is America still a civilized community?...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilisation

 
At Mon Apr 17, 11:23:00 AM, Blogger BoomBoom said...

I realize this is off subject, but was the first three words of this post a typo?

"I'm the king...."

 
At Mon Apr 17, 01:05:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Maybe his freudian slip is showing...

;)

I didn't even notice it, until you pointed it out

 
At Mon Apr 17, 01:18:00 PM, Blogger Sir Seanface said...

My bad. Maybe the "king" in a Trent Reznor sort of way. you know, "I wear this crown of shit."

 
At Mon Apr 17, 02:19:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

sigh Mr. BlahZeeBlah I'm not sure if I want to make you chicken soup or get you drunk.

Would either help?

 
At Mon Apr 17, 03:39:00 PM, Blogger Helene said...

I sont know what you do for a living but it sounds like you either need to adjust your expectations, change where you do it or do something else...

Just a thought from a passer by!

Have a good day and I enjoyed reading your blog!

cheers, Kate

 
At Mon Apr 17, 05:57:00 PM, Blogger Sir Seanface said...

I'm not as angry as I sound. Most of the time.

 
At Mon Apr 17, 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

No folks, he really isn't. I didn't even know he was chewy on the inside 'till he started this blog.

 
At Tue Apr 18, 07:38:00 AM, Blogger BoomBoom said...

I knew he was chewy.

And drunk sounds good. I haven't seen Mr. Blahzeeblah drunk in a long time.

 
At Wed Apr 19, 06:28:00 AM, Blogger Sir Seanface said...

It's because I can't get away from my job long enough to get drunk.

By the way TaterTot did you see my last comment in the "Goodbye Rotting Meatbags" post?

 
At Wed Apr 19, 07:02:00 AM, Blogger BoomBoom said...

Not until just now.

Boy, you know me too well Mister. Thanks for the distraction before blowing off my head, it's appreciated.

 
At Wed Apr 19, 07:04:00 AM, Blogger BoomBoom said...

And, we'll work on an opportunity for drunkeness very soon...although I was just telling Jeff the other day that I was experiencing that state a bit TOO often in 2006.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home